• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

Guest GentleChaos

Guest GentleChaos

Just thought id say hi, i have been into astronomy since a child and have never taken the time to be involved in any kind of group which shares my intrests, so heres to making a change :)

Hi, welcome to EMS. You have come to the right place, there is plenty of knowledge and experience here. Any questions, just ask, we're happy to help.

Hi Kevin, a warm welcome to EMS.

There's a few members around you, and one of our dark sites is up at the Cricket Club, the other at Sawley.

You would be very welcome to visit either, and have a look through a few scopes.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask away.

Hi Kevin welcome to EMS :)

What sort of scope d'you have? Or are you looking to get one for the first time? You'd be welcome to join us for a session and see how you enjoy group observing. We have two dark sites in Sawley Notts and at the top Cricket ground in Belper. Good to have you on board and enjoy the forum :)

Guest GentleChaos

Wow lot of friendly chaps around this place isnt there :), i currently have a 70mm refractor, not the biggest scope in the world but it will serve me well until i can get enough cash together for something a little bigger.

I live in heage so the dark site on the cricket pitch is only a short drive from my house, and i shall be looking out for your next meet so i can hopefully pop down and have a chat with some of you.

Thanks again for the warm welcome :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to EMS, as you are close to the cricket club we will rely on your local knowledge for the weather forecast :) .

Cheers

When you come over to the dark site, your'e very welcome to have a squint through mine if Iam there, Iam sure others would be happy to oblige as well.

Look forward to meeting you.

Guest GentleChaos

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to EMS, as you are close to the cricket club we will rely on your local knowledge for the weather forecast :) .

Cheers

I will keep a eye on the skys :rolleyes:

When you come over to the dark site, your'e very welcome to have a squint through mine if Iam there, Iam sure others would be happy to oblige as well.

Look forward to meeting you.

Great thanks, cant wait to meet some likeminded individuals :)