• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Paul Money: Winter Skies Talk

dawson

The January meeting of Nottingham Astronomical Society is being held on Thursday 2nd January 2014. Paul Money is going to give a talk on "Rambling through the Winter Skies"; he is a very entertaining speaker and this will no doubt be a fun and educational talk.

Information about the times and venue are all available on Nottingham Astronomical Society's website:

http://nottinghamastro.org.uk/

It is a very friendly society and new faces will be warmly welcomed; you don't need to be a member to attend.

The Society also produces a monthly journal with news and information on astro-related events, a classified section, and a month by month review of what is in the sky; you can download the journal from the website, or email the secretary and ask to be put on the electronic distribution list:

http://nottinghamastro.org.uk/?page_id=31

If you have any questions about the society there are links to contact them on the website, but if that fails, contact me and I can put you in touch with them.

James

Edited by Daz Type-R

I can recommend paul money's talk he a fantastic speaker and will keep you entertained all evening.

• 1 month later...

This was a great talk. Paul was as entertaining and as educational as ever.

He did a romp through the winter skies and talked about some of the lesser known, as well the more commonly known objects which are well placed during the winter months.

He also showed many of his images that he's taken and was comparing them to the "professional" images.

He is now using a 180 mak which he is guiding with an LVI (i think) stand alone guider through a short tube refractor, on an NEQ6; he told me afterwards he's able to get 5 mins or longer subs.

It was a very engaging talk.

He is due to come back to the society later in the year to do a talk on astro imaging which should be equally as fun.

James