• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter early 11-12-2013

Ibbo

as time passed the seeing got better

8" SCT x2.5 powermate 600 of 1200 for each R G & B

21b7e350424f4df4c6d3f6d2fe2b734b.1824x0_

Click for larger image

Steve

Edited by Ibbo

Nice, not looked at big versions yet as just on my phone. You could have an animation there!

I've been talking to felix about animations and it would be great to do one; it's just getting the right night from start to finish.

But lovely images there.

James

Very nice under Steve. I was out last night and the seeing wasn't great at mine. I like the colours you have got here-mine (at first glance o the Avis) look very different. I hope they come out as nice as these. Great stuff.

Nice set, toss up between the second and third which has the most detail, third appears to have more detail in north whereas second has sharper detail in the middle.

I went away and reviewed my processing of Jupiter routine and came up with this 8d0b50ffe00a730d6c6b4cdc25edb1c7.1824x0_

if you can ignore the ringing I think its much better-reduced gamma next time out

Steve

Yeah that's much better Steve, better clarity on the banding, finer detail showing in cloud activity. Great stuff. I am currently in process of seeing if I can find a better processing routine also. It's a mine field this imaging lark! I can't even begin to think what DSO image processing must be like!!