• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Knock Knock.

Perkil8r

Finally I've joined! Been on SGL for a few weeks now, and most likely seen most of you on there. Took the advice and decided to join in here. I am still very much new to it all, but learning fast.

Clear Skies!

Hi Mike and welcome to EMS :)

Yes - most of us came from SGL communities and still use it from time to time. For local meetings, regular contact, and observing sessions though a local forum is hard to beat. Good to have you on board and enjoy the forum :)

Thanks for the welcome peeps. Once I get the hang of what I'm doing I'll have to pop along to a meet sometime.

Come to a meeting with your gear anyway Mike - there's allways someone will help get you going - and you'll find a lot of things tend to fall in place much easier than reading out of a manual on your own - just a thought :)

I'm quite shy when not behind a keyboard, so prefer to have a bit of an idea about stuff before going out in public so to speak. I'm always worried I'll embarass myself by making some sort of rookie error lol.

Guest Bryndalf

Hi Mike, come along and ask the questions. We were all novices once! And im sure there is no question thats not been asked many times before.

Lol Mike - yeah we all felt like that at one time or other - but you'll find us very easy going and allways keen to help a newbie with no embarassment whatsoever.

When you feel up to it just pop along and see what you think. Or leave the gear at home and just come meet the guys and look through their scopes - you'll soon get a "feel" for us :)

I'll try and get to one soonish. My issue is that between March and Nov I'm out working almost every sat night and most sundays too, so that kinda puts the mockers on things a fair bit. The upside is that I often go to bed in the early hours anyway, one of the few plus sides to my line of work lol.

Yeah - my time is limited too - long commute every day - part time job on the go - weather restrictions etc etc. I hope one day I'll retire and get some time on the sky in before I pop my cloggs lol :)

HI Mike, don't worry about asking silly questions, you should see some of the silly questions the guys have answered on here that I have asked.

:lol:

Hi Mike, welcome. I had my first ever look through a scope at the Belper meet just over a week ago. I can now point out more than just the moon, lol. :D