• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Live Observatory Cam

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I now have a Live Observatory Cam up and running. You will be able to watch the scope in action as it photographs the sky. Unfortunately the UK skies are pretty bad and a lot of the time you will see it in its parked position....I will be tweeting  imaging run announcements. You might even see me adjusting or working on the kit now and then.

There are a couple of glitches with the link on later versions of Internet Explorer, which I hope to get sorted soon, but works really well with Firefox.

cheers

Peter

Is it working at the moment peter, nothing showing on my samsung tab, rest of the website looks great, some lovely images

Guest peter shah

Try again....for some reason the camera has rebooted it self and moved back to its home possition...At the moment it doesnt work in all browsers but works well in firefox even on my tablet or phone.....but it was looking up at the roof.......ive moved it back now....ill have to keep an eye on it

No still nothing Peter, it just says live feed but no pictures. Not sure which browser I'm using with the samsung tab, it's the kids

Marvellous idea Peter.

I will keep checking to catch some action.

I think it is working ok for me since I can see the scope parked in the obsy.

Love the website and gallery. :)

Make sure you don't pick your nose when visiting the observatory else it might be broadcast across the net! :)