• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello from Dudley.

Guest Dave Wall

Guest Dave Wall

Hello,

My name is Dave Wall I'm aged 40 and live in Dudley. I've been been in to astronomy for around 18 months now. I'm now looking forward to getting into astrophotography so much so I've packed up match fishing and selling all my fishing gear to pay for it.

Dave.

Welcome to the forum Dave :) Another keen fisherman here. I am no match angler though! More into mixed bag pleasure angling. Amy questions you have re:imaging/anything post them in the appropriate section and the experienced guys will be along to help you out :)

Hi Dave, a warm welcome to EMS.

It's a rewarding hobby, and gets to be an obsession, particularly for the dark art brigade.

If you have a pair of binoculars, that's a good way to get familiar with the sky, and there are some great binocular objects to look at.

As mentioned, any questions, feel free to ask away, someone will help out.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Hi dave and welcome.

Make sure you keep some of your warm fishing clothes as you'll need those, unless you get a remote set up.

What stuff are you planning to image and what kit have you got already?

How did you find us too, i'm always fascinated how people track is down.

James

Guest Dave Wall

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Hi dave and welcome.

Make sure you keep some of your warm fishing clothes as you'll need those, unless you get a remote set up.

What stuff are you planning to image and what kit have you got already?

How did you find us too, i'm always fascinated how people track is down.

James

I have a skywatcher 200p , I'm collecting an NEQ6 pro next weekend and hopefully a modified Cannon 1100d DSLR. Hope to get most other items needed over the next few months. My aim is to go remote eventually.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have a skywatcher 200p , I'm collecting an NEQ6 pro next weekend and hopefully a modified Cannon 1100d DSLR. Hope to get most other items needed over the next few months. My aim is to go remote eventually.

Sounds like a sweet kit set up.

I have a modded 1100D and love it, even though I've yet to get a proper mount for it!

Guest Tweedledum

Warm Welcome to EMS Dave,

Swapping one hobby staying out in the cold for another!!! At least  you could stil fish when its cloudy... ;)

Edited by Tweedledum

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Dave,

When you post there is a little smiley to the left hand side of the my media button.Lots of odd things to click on

:facepalm2:  :screwloose:  :facepalm:  :ph34r:  B)  :o  :huh:  :angry:  :(   :coffee2:

'nuff clicked