• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Peterborough or Oundle?

Guest mike5537

Guest mike5537

Hi,

I was just wondering if there were any members near me who wouldn't mind me tagging along to a dark site or wherever so I can have a chat, talk scopes stare at the sky etc whilst I decide what scope to get myself. 

The skies are pretty dark where i am so I'm happy for people to come to me too, I can think of several spots around me that (I think) would be good locations for stargazing jaffa cakes can be supplied as an incentive if it helps! :-)

Cheers

Im not sure how many ems member's are un your area? Saying that we started elac with 4 member ;)

Hi Mike,

There are a group of us that meet near Sibbertoft (J1 on the A14) and you would be more than welcome to come along.

We call ourselves the Central Midlands Stargazers.

http://www.centralmidlandsstargazers.com/

There is usually a selection of scopes to look through and you'd be more than welcome.

Mike,

Do a search with the search function for "peterborough" and "northampton" etc and see what old threads come up, as there are some EMSers from your area you could hook up with.

Like this thread:

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/5700-new-astronomy-club-in-stanion-launch-sept-6th-2013/?fromsearch=1

Felix is in Leamington now and while it's a bit of a trek you could touch base with him.

If you've got any general questions ask away, or if you want to chat on the phone i'm sure one of the clever guys here would be happy to chat. In fact skype would be the modern way i guess.

James