• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I'm going to need a bigger car ...

Guest Kheldar

Ooh nice, will Santa be bringing it, he has pallet forks on his sley nowadays you know

Reminds me of when i went to pick up my c11 with cge from D Hinds down in Tring. I only had a small older model Seat Leon then. I remember driving back with my nose pressed against the windscreen cos I had to have the drivers seat so far forward to fit it all in

the driver of the forklift will be delivering later today :lol: And i am NOT dressing up as Santa Claus :wacko:

Awwwww, booooooo!

Guest Kheldar

Ooh nice, will Santa be bringing it, he has pallet forks on his sley nowadays you know

Yup Santa and her forklift :lol:

11434169115_9051e6d524.jpg

Awwwww, booooooo!

My sentiments exactly :P

It's all unboxed and lying the middle of the living room ... SWMBO is not going to be impressed :ladyshock: but sadly I had to get to work this afternoon :(

First thoughts ... the mount is not scary at all, it's barely feels heavier than the NEQ6 (though I suppose the handles on the EQ8 help with that) and on par with the GM1000 (writhing snake I think Sheila refers to it as) .... the shock was the tripod/pier - that bugger is HEAVY! :ladyshock:

so you both think i am big enough and fat enough for a santa suit :angry::lol:

Errrrm, that's not the image I had in mind.....

;)

so you both think i am big enough and fat enough for a santa suit :angry::lol:

Errrrm, that's not the image I had in mind.....

;)

Guest Kheldar

Well sadly play has been delayed due to a defect in the manufacture of the tripod leg (the holes are in the wrong place!!!) :(

4utuqe2y.jpg

However FLO are getting a replacement out - with luck it will be here Monday :D

Takes the edge off a bit doesnt it Stephen when stuff like this happens.

My celestron cge and c11 package had a total of 12 issues when i first got it, took 2 months and 2 mounts to sort it. Seems the more you pay for top kit the more qa problems you run into

Guest Kheldar

Takes the edge off a bit doesnt it Stephen when stuff like this happens.

My celestron cge and c11 package had a total of 12 issues when i first got it, took 2 months and 2 mounts to sort it. Seems the more you pay for top kit the more qa problems you run into

It does indeed :( As most people are ordering just the head though there's very little information (as to whether this has occurred before) out there

:o :o :o  You have got to be kidding :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Afraid not, spent two days checking this out, rotating brackets ... it's categorically off centre :(