• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

Guest DRT

Hi Derek, welcome to the forum. I would think that if there's the chance of a clear night then either a Belper or Wymeswold will be used for a meeting. Keep an eye on the meetinfs threads!  :)

Hi Derek and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Glad you made it here - you'll find the group very friendly and welcoming and it will be smashing to see you at a meeting. Several members have the SW flextube 12" dob that you were thinking of (including myself) and I believe there are one or two 10" dobs in the club, as well as a 16" and 24" dobs.

Keep your eye on the "Info and Announcements" section especially at the weekends when meetings are usually called in the "EMS Meets" board. The time and date will be in the title and directions given in the meeting thread (if not just chirp up and directions will be supplied). Keep an eye out for our Stargazing Live event in January (linked to the BBC program).

Meetings can be called or cancelled up to half an hour before the planned time - depending on how the weather conditions change. Hope we get to meet you soon.

Meantime - any help we can offer please ask away in the relevant section - enjoy the forum :)