• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Scope

Stephen

I have just got a Celestron 11inch CPC HD Edge it is great , It is giving much more depth and seeing much more faint detail than on my old Mead LX200 10inch in fact I  saw some galaxies  that I had not seen from my home before

Stephen

Nice purchase Stephen.

I have the 8" Edge. 

Are you planning any upgrades......?

Take a look at this i'm interested in.....

http://www.deepspaceproducts.com/temp-est-temperature-equilibration-system-for-telescopes-for-edge-hd-and-vented-standard-celestron-scts_8_4243_9331.html

(hope i've copied that correctly ; its an active cooling system )

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nickyb

Amazing hardware. I did look at the celestron 8' HD, but decided to go for the Altair 115m F7 ED as I wanted something

a bit more portable, never had a frac before so am looking forward to get it.

Not sure on the mount yet, maybe a NEQ6 or the iEQ45, although the iOptron is 300 quid more  :(

Clear skies,

Nick

The c11 is a great light bucket Stephen you will have alot of pleasure out of that. I fondly remember viewing the Veil without filyers through my old c11.

Nick, my meade 127 edt refractor works well on an heq5 so an meq6 with your 115 will be as solid ad a rock