• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS3 Information & Speakers

cosmic dave

All being well I will be there Thursday or earlier

:facepalm: no I won't, I'll be there Friday around lunchtime, our half term is extremely late this year, we break up on the Friday but by then I will be owed some time so will have the Friday off. Just had to check.

Edited by Perkil8r

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• Tibbz2

• tuckstar

Glad your there on the Thursday Tibbz, I need somebody tall to help me with my tent.

:)

Guest CodnorPaul

I will be there Thursday lunchtime, perhaps Wednesday if forecast looks good, and a few others I know are going Thursday - I too will need someone to help with a tent pole or two if I go Wednesday if anyone else is there :rolleyes:

Guest StevenWhatley

I have booked for this event but I cant remember if I have booked 3 nights or 2 I guess I will find out when I get there..

The event says 24th to 26th so is it on the Sunday night too or is everyone packing up that day?? 

I have booked for this event but I cant remember if I have booked 3 nights or 2 I guess I will find out when I get there..

The event says 24th to 26th so is it on the Sunday night too or is everyone packing up that day?? 

from what i remember most pack up on the sunday :)

Like Tibbz says, most pack up on the Sunday but not all do, but really it is down to you.  The dates are for the main event / weekend but you can come earlier and stay longer, some made it a 8-9 day mini break last year and typically, the best night is Sunday when most have left!

Any idea of times for talks? I'm coming over Friday and would like to try and make it for the talk?

assume they will be fairly early as folks want to get set up etc for imaging and stuff :)

• 1 month later...

What's timetable for the talks then? Paul Money Friday and Paul Abel Saturday but when and where please?? Dave? :)

• 3 weeks later...

OK then people, as EMS3 is upon us (I`m off tomorrow - yay) as the unmentionable is not looking to be the best, who is still going for the social side and who's going to chicken out?

:nonono:

We still have 2 excellent speakers who are attending, so that should be good.

Looking forward to this, can not wait to be on the road, safe journey everybody and I will see you there.

:rockon:

Edited by Daz Type-R

OK then people, as EMS3 is upon us (I`m off tomorrow - yay) as the unmentionable is not looking to be the best, who is still going for the social side and who's going to chicken out?

:nonono:

We still have 2 excellent speakers who are attending, so that should be good.

Looking forward to this, can not wait to be on the road, safe journey everybody and I will see you there.

:rockon:

Hope to be there Friday :D

I will be there Friday lunchime. I would have been there tomorrow but made the mistake of scheduling an Astro Meet tomorrow night :facepalm:

can`t make my mind up, weather looking horrible and the thought of stripping the obsy for just a chance of a few hours clear sky is not appealing

can`t make my mind up, weather looking horrible and the thought of stripping the obsy for just a chance of a few hours clear sky is not appealing

Could do with knowing what you are going to do Rob, if your not going I will take the small tent (as Mick can't make it either), don't really want to struggle with the large tent again if I am on my own, the small tent I can put up by myself in about 20 minutes.

Can you let me know?

no worries Daz, you take your smaller tent, i can get in my little tent at one end with the computer at the other end at a push. 

Guest StevenWhatley

I'm hoping to be there Friday, as my board was supposed to be being fixed and posted back today ready for tomorrow but cannot get a hold of John at Astro Developments so not sure what's going on at the min... fingers crossed tho !!

Plus my tent is a good size if someone wants needs shelter or a warm room :)

But probably not taking the awning as its a sod to build...

15603626362_dd6b09600b.jpgtent by stevenwhatley231284, on Flickr

Edited by StevenWhatley

Sorry guys it's a no show for me like Rob says all the stripping down and packing stuff plus weather looks really bad not my idea of fun would rather have a meet in a warm pub with gear not getting damaged

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.