• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS3 Information & Speakers

cosmic dave

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• Sheila

• Tibbz2

• tuckstar

I would like to go. What's the score in terms of facilities? I think I would be roughing it in a tent (although I do remember vaguely Mike offered me some space in his van :unsure:) What do people do about power hook-ups?

Regards

Steve

I would like to go. What's the score in terms of facilities? I think I would be roughing it in a tent (although I do remember vaguely Mike offered me some space in his van :unsure:) What do people do about power hook-ups?

Regards

Steve

Wouldn't have offered room in the van, it's only 1 berth :chin_scratch2:

Regards

Steve

you have to book a pitch with hook up, not that many of them, they may already have been booked up, you would have to ring and ask

Thanks for the info.

Mike, I think you mentioned it (in passing) before you did the van up... maybe me mentioning my snoring encouraged you to make your van more comfortable with less space :)

Hypothetically speaking... I would no doubt be ok without a hook-up as I would only be camping but lets say for example I wanted to charge a battery would there be an option to share/use someone else's power point? I am wondering how people cope without. I suppose scopes will pretty much run the weekend though if your battery is big enough.

S

i would think you could charge on someone elses hook up during the day :)

Guest StevenWhatley

I have booked without power... What's the layout like as I don't want to be carrying all my gear back and forth to be closer to people if everyone is in the powered pitches... Is it worth changing my booking ???

I have booked without power... What's the layout like as I don't want to be carrying all my gear back and forth to be closer to people if everyone is in the powered pitches... Is it worth changing my booking ???

nope they are all dotted around should be no problem

Thanks for the information Sheila.

I have not booked yet. Is there plenty of space?

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for the information Sheila.

I have not booked yet. Is there plenty of space?

Thanks

Steve

yes loads of space if you dont want hook up :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest casinda

Hoping to join you novice myself but a keen leaner, hopfully im not to be hindered from learning our solar system.

Hi gavinda. I'm originally from leics as well. It should be a good weekend. Say hi in the welcome forum and everyone will welcome you along.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Craig Murdie

Hi all. Total newbie to astronomy in general and this forum in particular. I'd love to come along to the star party, but I'd also like to bring my 6 year old son who's space-mad. Would he be welcome?

Hi all. Total newbie to astronomy in general and this forum in particular. I'd love to come along to the star party, but I'd also like to bring my 6 year old son who's space-mad. Would he be welcome?

Kids are allowed if they are supervised.

This is really important as there will be loads of cables on the floor connected to kit worth thousands so kids running around is a hazard and an accident waiting to happen, but then if they are supervised then it's your responsibility.

Guest Craig Murdie

Kids are allowed if they are supervised.

This is really important as there will be loads of cables on the floor connected to kit worth thousands so kids running around is a hazard and an accident waiting to happen, but then if they are supervised then it's your responsibility.

Thanks Doc, I'll make sure he behaves himself.

Sounds like I'll need to be careful myself - who supervises me?!

I think the best advice would be to keep well clear of the imaging rigs as they are very

Sensitive to heavy footfalls and tripping cables. You can't look through them

anyhow.

Also hope he is a sound sleeper as it can be quite noisy all nite if it's clear :lol:

And that's just from the old blokes there :rofl: I am unsure if there are any other

Children there. I assume someone will post if there are going to be

Sheila

I'm not staying on site but plan to bring my 6yr old for a look about in the day, but not at night.

I'm not staying on site but plan to bring my 6yr old for a look about in the day, but not at night.

wise man there :lol:

• 1 month later...

Is anyone arriving on the Thursday?

some are I think, I know Daz is.  I wont be there till Friday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.