• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

very quiet !

cosmic dave

Lol I went out for a nice walk round Attenborough nature reserve, the dog loved it, all the lakes were frozen and was surprised at how many birds were around.

It's a good time to tick off your waterfowl for the year, especially if they are all in one place with some clear water and no ice!

Cleared the drive, walked to a friends house in glorious sunshine, went to the pub, walked home.

Happy days

Guilty!! Been out with my 3 year old making a snowman and having snowball fights. Never did grow up.

Lol I went out for a nice walk round Attenborough nature reserve, the dog loved it, all the lakes were frozen and was surprised at how many birds were around.

I might have just missed you, I was there from 9am to midday.

Was a cracking walk. My other half took some photo's (will add them below);

6822847069_56225d6c1e_z.jpg

Icy by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

6822847397_b97d89cb1e_z.jpg

6822848201_763fcd82f8_z.jpg

The snow melts away by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

6822848509_639b1c0d24_z.jpg

6822878129_763d97e0db_z.jpg

A touch of frost by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

6822849145_6383030e5b_z.jpg

Attenborough by Emma Hefford, on Flickr

Can you believe, she said these were "ok". I could have slapped her! :lol:

Fantastic photos I would be well pleased if they were mine. I was there from about 10 to 12 but only walked around the Delta.

Nice one Craig.

My 2 year old had not been out in the snow before so it was funny watching him dive in it.

They are excellent photo's. We took our old arthritic dog for a walk, he can't walk far nowadays, but he loves the snow.

What dog is it Cazz?

Hes a 15 1/2 year old mostly Jack Russell. He is big for a Jack Russell, nearly 11kg, and has long legs. He is also now a well drugged up boy with his arthritis and heart condition. :unsure:

Ah bless him, that's a fantastic age to get to he must be very well looked after. We have a 5 year old Westie called Nelson, his really spoilt.

We have enough trouble and expense with the one. It's perhaps a good thing he would be jealous of another dog or cat, it removes the temptation, lol.