• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

NGC281 RGB and some Ha

Guest peter shah

Guest peter shah

I've been grabbing bits and bobs for this over the last year and still not finished...
I'm trialling CCD Stack at the moment and I have to say I'm very impressed with the way it handles its self...I still trying to get my head around a few things but I processed this one with a great deal of ease...the data is variable.
Exposures were 4x600s plus 13x1800s in Ha, 6x600s in red, 6x420 in green and 6x530s in blue. No darks  frames....I think the background is a little red but that's because its all signal from the Ha frames. I should be able to balance things out when I get enough Lum and RGB....long way to go with it yet

I would like to hear any thoughts on CCD Stack as I'm very close to buying it.

thanks for looking

Peter

Attached Thumbnails
  • post-4526-0-59549900-1387571756_thumb.jp
Edited by peter shah

Looking good as usual Peter.

I tried CCD last year but I just could not get my head around it.

Mind that's not saying much I have trouble getting my head around most things computer related. :lol:

Great image Peter.

Cant help on CCD stack as I tend to stack in AA5 and process in PI. Only just purchased PI so it was a case of trying as much old and new data as I could in the trial run to see I could justify the outlay. Must say though I'm tending to use it for more and more processing even though its much slower in some respects than other SW out there...

Guest peter shah

Many Thanks....im finding CCD Stack very good at cleaning up rough pixels....the sigma reject filter seems to work extremely well....Graham it took me a while to understand but there is a certain work flow order of processing.....still not sure what im doing with the star alignment...seems over complicated...Im sure its not and its just that im used to using Maxim DL. The stacked frame looked so much cleaner than Maxim's version which seemed to make it quite simple to process....there are much more stacking options....I think I will buy it but ill give it a couple more tries before I commit.