• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42 - Rather Special.

Brantuk

Guest peepshow

I am suitably  gob struck. 

There is something about this AP lark that no matter how amazing other

folks pictures are, and by gum they certainly are, we still thrill to see our own inferior efforts. :)

It's the DIY in our genes I guess. :D

Edited by peepshow

That's a reference image for M42 if ever one were needed!! Fantastic detail, I would like to know the imaging data?

loads of detail, and how the hell did they manage to keep those stars so small and tight, mostly you always get a bloated one here and there with long exposures on M42

That is pretty amazing. It must be nice not to have to contend with light pollution, air pollution, the jet stream or the Gulf stream!

Thats what the dream combination of Atakama Desert skies, Tak150 and sbig1100 can do. It really shows that what we know as m42 is really a hole in thevsurrounding dust and gas.

great link kim

Did someone spill a tin of paint? :)  Only kidding, an amazing image and just when you were thinking "not another m42".

• 2 weeks later...