• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

January 2014 meeting

cosmic dave

Don't forget the first meeting of 2014 is on Jan 4th! Hopefully we will be able to try out our astro crimbo presents :D

Hopefully I will be able to use my new 15 x 70 astro bins, well that's if santa gets me some! ;)

Pinkies crossed for some clear skies. Look forwards to it but I hope we can crash one in before then...

Christmas Eve looks good, probably the only time this holiday nobody will be allowed out of the house though :lol:

Guest foundaplanet

I'm working on a sign to put at Badger Farm's entrance to help newcomers find us

I have been thinking it may be a good idea to do a bit of work on the hut. Nothing major, but a lining of rock wool and a plaster board skin with a coat of paint wouldn't be a bad idea, It would not cost much to do and I reckon two or three of us could do it in a day.

Guest foundaplanet

I'm working on a sign to put at Badger Farm's entrance to help newcomers find us

Thinking on with Marks trick, How about an ELAC Bat mask for one of the big newts. We could tape a torch to the focuser and leave it pointing at the zenith :D

Good idea paul, im happy to donate a flood light to help :lol::lol::lol:

I have been thinking it may be a good idea to do a bit of work on the hut. Nothing major, but a lining of rock wool and a plaster board skin with a coat of paint wouldn't be a bad idea, It would not cost much to do and I reckon two or three of us could do it in a day.

If we could get permission im happy to help oh and im a decorator by trade so im happy to get the brushes out ;)

No cakes tonight, as Melissa is stuck in flooded Devon! So will bring extra Jaffa cakes!

She hopes to meet us all Wednesday night at Frampton.

(Message was on Facebook)

Looking clear from 10 tonight, looking forward to seeing jupiter from a dark site.

Guest neil27

Looking forward to seeing everyone there, I may pop along a little earlier than 7 if OK?

Also tin of short bread packed and ready  :P

Regards, Neil.

Guest neil27

Waiting for the rain to stop before I load the car!! See you there later!  :)

Hi Ron, do you park immediately inside the entrance to Badger Farm or can you park opposite the entrance as I noticed several spare car spaces there?

Regards, Neil.