• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello From Scotland

Guest rickyg

Hi everyone 

I am from Dumfries and Galloway in Scotland and if im honest i joined to get in touch with one of your memebers about his scope. However The more people i can talk astro with the better!! 

I bult a custom observatory near Port Logan at my home this year. I live in >7 Mag skies or Bortle 2 and i never miss a minute outside. Mind you tonight is an exception as the rain and wind cant come any harder! 

Thought id say hello, 

Ricky

Welcome

To the forum and like I said you'll got the limit in no time for accessing private messaging function.

Hi Ricky, a warm welcome to EMS.

It sounds ideal up where you are, and an obsy as well!

It is looking a bit rough up there, so fingers crossed all is OK.

Enjoy the forum. :)

a friend brought a meter down to mine just out of curiosity. Most of us have dark skies around here anyway. I think we were getting 7.2/7.4 

welcome along Ricky, you are our second member from the other side of the wall :) lucky devils up there for dark skies!

a friend brought a meter down to mine just out of curiosity. Most of us have dark skies around here anyway. I think we were getting 7.2/7.4 

Wish I had Mag 7.2 skies.

Welcome to EMS Ricky.

welcome along Ricky, you are our second member from the other side of the wall :) lucky devils up there for dark skies!

Ahem! That'll be me then :D

Hi Ricky I tried to PM you but you need to get your post count up before you can use that. I'm in East Lothian. I was over at the SDSO recently and I think you just have the edge on me for dark skies :D