• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from Saxilby, Lincolnshire

Guest neil27

Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I was a member of the original EMS a few years ago, but due to work commitments and then personal circumstances I had to unfortunately leave this hobby for a while.

However I have moved to a new area (for me) and am starting to pick up where I left it, obviously this has meant dipping my hand into my wallet (not a pleasant occurrence for a tight fisted yorkshire man lol).

I currently have a CGEM mount, bought second hand for a very good price, a C11 edge that I haven't even looked through in anger yet due to house purchase and decorating etc! A lovely takahashi C60 that will be my wide field scope and a C100ED as my general scope for planets and doubles etc.

I have been interested in astronomy since I was very young and am hoping to meet up and chat to like minded people such as you guys. Just checked out the East Lincolnshire group and that may be my next port of call.

Many thanks for reading, looking forward to meeting and chatting with you all.

Regards, Neil. 

Hi Neil, welcome to ems, my wife is from Saxilby but we live at the coast now, did you come to the meeting at the poacher a few years ago when we talked about setting a group up?

Hi Neil, good line up of gear you have already! We (ELAC) will be meeting next Saturday at Badger Farm which is between Louth and Horncastle, not far from the Cadwell Park circuit. Keep an eye on the posts and look forward to meeting you soon..

Cheers

Ron

Hi Neil, welcome to ems, my wife is from Saxilby but we live at the coast now, did you come to the meeting at the poacher a few years ago when we talked about setting a group up?

Sorry Dave, not guilty I'm afraid, although now I have moved to Lincoln the ELAC group makes better sense for me regarding travelling than the other locations within the EMS, I'm just pleased and grateful that there are now more locations to choose from. Great work by all concerned... :)  

Hi Neil, good line up of gear you have already! We (ELAC) will be meeting next Saturday at Badger Farm which is between Louth and Horncastle, not far from the Cadwell Park circuit. Keep an eye on the posts and look forward to meeting you soon..

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron, noticed the date and location, if I have nothing planned......Neil eyes the good lady curiously out of the corner of his eye.........I should be there.

I have a sky tee so will see about popping that into the Mini along with my trusty C100 and a few eye pieces...... :)

Hopefully look forward to seeing you guys there. I'll keep an eye on the next meet thread.

Regards, Neil.

Hi Neil and welcome to the forum. Hope you are able to make your way to Badger Farm for one of our meets.

Hi Neil, a warm welcome to EMS.

Looks like your wallet got a thrashing, but you have some smashing kit to be going on with.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys, hope to see everyone at the Badger Saturday night.

I assume their are basic facilities there, toilets, tea making stuff?

If not flask of tea, biscuits and a hedge or tree will suffice... ;)

Will the entrance be locked and what time do the regulars generally turn up?

Regards, Neil.

Very basic facilities are on site and a hut to brew up is open to use, the site will be open (no gate) the official start time is seven pm but a couple of regulars are normally on site from dusk. Drive onto the main field and dont dtive down gravel drive hill or you will end up at the owners house. I believe we may have some new signs to point you in the right direction when you get to the site.

Hi Neil welcome back to EMS.

If my memory is right you lived in Kirkby in Ashfield before.

Hi Mick,

Yes the very same Neil. I did have my own observatory kindly supplied by pulsar and a lovely Paramount but unfortunately they were sold when my personal circumstances changed. However I picked myself up and dusted myself down and am looking forward to a bright future... :)

I understand you had a few health problems a while ago Mick, I hope you are fit and well again and best wishes for the new year.

Regards, Neil.

Guest neil27

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, hope to see some of you Saturday night, although it (surprisingly.. ;) ) looks like rain, so I'll bring my bins.

And a happy new year to all and your families.

Regards, Neil.

So sorry you had to sell that great gear you had.

My health problems are a lot better now, I have recovered pretty quick but there are still some underlying problems to iron out, thankyou for your concern.

Look forward to meeting you one day.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, hope to see some of you Saturday night, although it (surprisingly.. ;) ) looks like rain, so I'll bring my bins.

And a happy new year to all and your families.

Regards, Neil.

Looking forward to meeting you, if it's wet you can have some input on the clubhouse renovations.