• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meeting hut mods

Guest foundaplanet

Guest foundaplanet

I have just been speaking to Suzi about making some upgrades to the meeting hut on the site. She has said we can do as we wish... We can have a bit of a chat about it on Saturday but I don't think it will take to much to insulate it and put on ply lining and daub it with a bit of paint and some glow in the dark stars... :D

Sounds good to me Col, like to see what the hut looks like in daylight so I'll go early on Saturday!?

That's great news col, did you suggest a plywood dome? Ha ha, seriously tho it's another step in elac's progression. We now have a proper clubhouse it would be great if we could get some electricity in there and we need to sort out the floor as well.

Oh and if anyone wants to take a trip over in the daylight im off after today until Jan 10th im happy to start work on the hut.

Guest foundaplanet

Yes I agree that it would be good to see it in daylight so I am up for getting there early to have a reccy also.. I'm sure we can put in a cat flap to thread a leccy cable through from one of the ports to supply us with a bit of electric. I have also had a good chat with her about the leccy situation in general with regards to events which I'll tell ya about on Saturday..Basically though it is good for running 240v if we cover the costs... Much potential has this site we have..

There is a shower that can be used in the cafe lower down and there is a barn that will seat approx 40 people...

Guest neil27

With nothing to do apart from relaxing yesterday.... :P  I decided to take a drive to Badger Farm near Asterby just to get my bearings for hopefully visiting the site this Saturday, 4th Janaury.

Quite easy to find, using a combination of hastily written notes and a half working sat-nav! Total journey time for me was around an hour, for a distance of just over 30 miles, but again weather conditions played a significant part in the journey time, boy was it wet.

One note of caution I would give, the roads are quite narrow in places, and if like yesterday it was raining the proverbial cats and dogs, standing water was everywhere, so please take care when approaching the camp site.

Hope to see you there, hopefully with jaffa cakes :)

Last time it was raining cats and dogs at badger farm I stepped in a poodle :-D

Last time it was raining cats and dogs at badger farm I stepped in a poodle :-D

Is that one of your Butlin jokes Dave  :lol: