• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

new member from notts!

Guest chrism37

Guest chrism37

Hi all,

My name is Chris and I live just north of Nottingham. Been frequenting SGL for about a year under the handle M37, I started observing about 3 and a bit years ago with a 130 newt but had to take a hiatus due to very poor health. In June this year I got back up and running with a St102 on a goto AZ and I managed to get some pretty decent imaging done with it. I was recently fortunate enough to upgrade to an HEQ5 synscan and a WO GT-81. I've not had much clear sky to try it out but managed to get a short run earlier in the week.

Thought I would jump on here and say hi, hope to speak with you all soon.

Cheers and clear skies

Chris

Hi and welcome to EMS, somebody else with WO GT81, that's a nice scope.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome Chris, and nice mount and a very nice very desirable scope, toying with the idea of a william optics 81gt myself.

Hi Chris, a warm welcome to EMS.

That's some nice kit you have there, and Iam hoping the skies will clear now for the winter/spring season. 

Any questions, feel free to ask away, someone will be along with help.

Enjoy the forum.

Hi Chris and a warm welcome to EMS from me too. :)

Just fyi we have three dark sites (Belper, Wymeswold, Louth) and also lay on our own star parties at Anderby. Would be good to see you at any of those if you fancy a bit of group observing. Hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Chris welcome to EMS.

I used to have the same combination of a HEQ5 Pro and WO GT81 and found it a cracking scope for splitting binaries and Widefield.

• 2 weeks later...