• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Greetings from Sunny North Wales

Guest Hairycamel

Guest Hairycamel

Hi All,

Been at it for about 3 years now, and am starting down the black path to DSO imaging. I have done some planetary work, but still consider myself very much a newbie.

Adrian

Guest CodnorPaul

Welcome Adrian - I am still resisting AP, live my life in front of computers so its nice to get out and spend some time without them, but I can see into the future...

hi and welcome to the asylum then from a fellow dark arts astronomer :lol:

the dark path to full credit cards and an empty bank account

Guest Hairycamel

Thanks all. Ron, nice and dark at the edge of a village for me but I'm in the process of a lifestyle change which could see me living in a holiday park that is also a dark sky site!

Hi Adrian and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

You'll have to let us know which holiday resort - we may well take a holiday there and bring a scope in search of dark skies. Enjoy the forum. :)

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Adrian,

Warm welcome to ems. Its not sunny either, could not get down to the beach at mid dy as the sea was coming over the wall! headed to betwys for a walk before coming back to llanfair...

Staying with my sister on parc hen blas road.

Hwyl!

Ahhh I know that camp site by the golf club - spent my honeymoon there when Princess Di married Chazer - needles to say both marriages went pear shaped lol :lol:

Guest Tweedledum

Hi Adrian,

It bloomin well is windy :D ....But has dropped a bit...

Kim, we'll make you an honorary welshie, honeymoon spent camping in a field of sheep......respect :smoke:

Hi Adrian, welcome to EMS.

Looks like you hooked like the rest of us, I only do visual, which keeps me happy, but I love the quality of images coming from amateur astronomers.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask away, someone will help out.

Enjoy the forum! :)

• 2 weeks later...