• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from Loughborough

parklife2uk

Hi,

Been a member a while now since I was invited over from Star Gazers lounge but never managed my first post!

I'm still a newbie, but have a scope and DSLR. I'm currently mulling over a new mount as my existing one was broken in a house move. I've seen the information about the Dark Site in Wymeswold, which is close by, so I may pop over at some point.

Steve

Hi Steve, a warm welcome to EMS.

Sorry about the mount, were you able to cover it with insurance.

Make sure you come over to Wymeswold for our Star Gazing Live event, there will be a load of us there with different scopes on display, we might even get to look through them!

http://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/6484-ems-does-stargazing-live-2014/?p=75793

Look forward to meeting you, in the meantime, enjoy the forum. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It's a shame that your "Paramount" was "broken" in the house move ;)

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Steve and a warm welcome to EMS :)

Look forward to seeing you at a meeting soon - enjoy the forum!

Hi Steve, welcome. I am only a recent member (1 day!) but am going to Wymeswold want to share a lift? I live in Quorn . We can discuss where we are both at and ideas.

Dennis

Guest neil27

Hi Steve and welcome to EMS.

Regarding your mount hope you get one sorted, today as an amateur astronomer we are really spoiled for choice around the 1k mark, and also less if you decide to go second hand.

Great site here > http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/ where you can pick up some really good stuff, not that I'm tempting you of course... ;)

Regards, Neil

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Hi Steve, welcome. I am only a recent member (1 day!) but am going to Wymeswold want to share a lift? I live in Quorn . We can discuss where we are both at and ideas.

Dennis

Dennis, 

Great idea - lets organise it nearer the time.

btw, didn't mean to mislead anyone, but made a schoolboy error - my mount is fine, but the tripod is broken! However, I'm still researching a new mount so I can start some deep space imaging.

Hi Steve & welcome to EMS!

I'm a bit late to this thread (and many others) as I've been a bit busy over Xmas/New Year, but things are a bit calmer now so trying to catch up.

The guys & girls on EMS are a very friendly bunch who are always willing to answer questions (even the dumb ones I ask)

I've been here for a few months but not yet made it to the dark sky sites, hoping to do that very soon.

I work in Loughborough and Wymeswold is the closest site to me ..... hopefully see you there some time and say hi.

Welcome Steve. I'm also at Loughborough. I plan to go to Wymeswold Saturday so may see you there. It's been a few months since I was last there but looking forward to seeing the friendly bunch again. Derek