• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another newbie

Guest Trickydicky

Even those of us who have been astronomers for 10 years+ are still learning. I'm learning prime focus photography with a DSLR. My speciality is trying to do decent stuff without parting with too much hard-earned cash. I don't even have a driven mount but hope to pick up a cheap one sometime, like I did my £100 DSLR. I only use free image editing tools.

Guest Trickydicky

Well I went ahead and did it, I take delivery of my new SW Dob tomorrow. I went for the 200mm in the end. At this stage i couldn't justify the additional cost so I treated myself to a decent 2 x barlow for it also. No doubt I will eventually invest in a EQ mount and 'go to' system but for the time that can wait.

I have to say the chap in the shop was really helpful. Top draw. Thanks for the advice and pointers from you all also.

Just need some clear skys now!!

Well I went ahead and did it, I take delivery of my new SW Dob tomorrow. I went for the 200mm in the end. At this stage i couldn't justify the additional cost so I treated myself to a decent 2 x barlow for it also. No doubt I will eventually invest in a EQ mount and 'go to' system but for the time that can wait.

I have to say the chap in the shop was really helpful. Top draw. Thanks for the advice and pointers from you all also.

Just need some clear skys now!!

Congratulations on your purchase.

Give us a shout if you need a hand with anything, modding a dob is great fun and in my opinion, it needs to be done to get the most out of it.

Nice one Richard, that will keep you happy for a good while.

I have to agree with Daz, there are certain mods that you need to do to make it comfortable to use, but is usable straight out of the box. It is a very good scope, and gives great views.

Enjoy! :)

Guest CodnorPaul

Congratulations - bet you cant wait.

I would take a good look at Daz's dob and a good chat with Martyn about mods - very upgradeable scopes.

enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...