• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Moon 09/01/14 with Mak 180

philjay

After messing with Jupiter I had a go at doing a few Lunar with the Mak 180 and IMGOH combination.

These are all at F15, atmospherics didn't allow anymore, the image was boiling last night. Scope had cooled properly as there was a layer of ice on it when I took these :) It was a touch cold

Anyrode just a few samples

Mak 180, IMGOH mono, Stacked in Registax, each about 2000 from 2500 frames at 30fps

Rupes Recta

Rupes.jpg

Plato/Apennine Mosaic

Plato%20mosaic.jpg

Eratsothenes

Erastothenes.jpg

Not the best or sharpest Ive ever done but it was nice to get out there again

nicely done Phil the moon was have a good flit around the sensor last night

a had a little go at the moon and on the same target as your last image

and it was awful I don't think more than 3 of of the 3000 frames was in focus

It was bad atmospherics wise last night but it was nice to be out with a scope and camera again. It actually got worse as the night progressed so the jet stream must have shifted a bit during the session.

Even visual it was poor

Still its all being logged as observing and experience time

Those are lovely and sharp Phil. I have just one image to upload and it is a close up of the moon. My Jupiter efforts did not pan out at all! Love the above shots-very nice indeed :)

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing with Pipp and AS2 and had a play with the Plato image and redone it properly with the data I had available

Much better I reckon, you can actually see some of the craterlets on the floor of Plato also the central rille in the Appenine Valley is coming through.

plato3.jpg

Lovely. The mare always look so smooth, it amazes me; then broken up by the odd crater.

Great images.

James

We need an ems solar system imaging master class. I have all these bits of software but am just too scared to try and learn how to use them.

Jd

We need an ems solar system imaging master class. I have all these bits of software but am just too scared to try and learn how to use them.

Jd

I agree, I have messed about with Jupiter but not got anything decent yet so am in need of some pointers.

Phil, could we do a solar system imaging thing one cloudy might in the pavilion at wymeswold? We could get the projector and different people could show what they do, and the rest of us mimic it on our lap tops, all using the same software and data which could be downloaded / circulated before hand.

Jd

Felix, data acquisition isn't the issue, it's what to do with it once it's on he hard drive i have issue with :)