• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Couldn't think of an interesting/original login name....

Guest Stargazer

Guest Stargazer

....but at least hopefully I'll be able to remember this one!

Interested to read of folk meeting up at Wymeswold - not too far away for me here in Loughborough.

Have diaried the SGL event on 18th, will probably pop over with my daughter.  It is ok to bring some kit too?  (didn't want to presume, being brand new here n'all)

Hi Paul and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

We've got several members over Loughborough way and it would be great to see you at Wymeswold next Sat night for the "Stargazing Live" public event. Additional to the event you'd be welcome to come over for a session on a normal club night to spend more time chatting with members and using your kit.

Parking on site is very limited and on this occasion will be restricted to organisers and club members with equipment only - so scopes can be readily deployed for the event. You will be able to use the village hall car park which is a short walk away - or wherever directed by the Police.

You'll find the club very welcoming and friendly, and if you and your daughter enjoy yourselves with us and wish to join up and use the site regularly, then just ask a staff member for details.

Looking forward to meeting you - meantime enjoy the forum. :)

Hi Paul, a warm welcome to EMS.

Mike (Perkil8r) has organised who and what scopes are going to be where for the event. This is to get the maximum entertainment out of us for the public attending. It has conservative estimate of a few hundred attending, mostly from the village, but has also been advertised on the BBC website, so who knows.

Look forward to meeting you and in the meantime, enjoy the forum. :)

Welcome from me. I was just about to post something else to say that many of us do not live in the East Midlands but come here because this is a lively and interesting forum. For example, I am based in Wiltshire but can be anywhere in the world.

Welcome from me. I was just about to post something else to say that many of us do not live in the East Midlands but come here because this is a lively and interesting forum. For example, I am based in Wiltshire but can be anywhere in the world.

I forgot to add that my name comes from my fave astronomical object!

Welcome, and congratulations on such an original name :lol:

We're just about at capacity for scopes to go on display on Sat night, although if the weather turns round and looks like being clear there will be room on the field for you no problem. As Kim says, parking is likely to be a bit of an issue this time as the field is very wet which won't help and we are expecting rather a lot of extra cars than normal.

Certainly come along though and introduce yourself, you should be able to spot us quite easily amongst the crowd, but details on that closer the time hopefully!

In the meantime, enjoy the forum and get stuck in with any questions or sharing your experience/s with us :)

Guest Stargazer

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

@Perkil8r

Roger that; I certainly wouldn't want to get in the way  ;)

Esp. as the 10" Meade is *only just* "portable" :lol:

Will wait and see what the weather does, I think; forecast is looking very cloudy....

P.