• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

If you can't beat it shot it!

andyboy1970

Moonmosaic10panes_zps260196f1.png

Mosaic of 10 panes, 150p, DMK21 mono, 720Nm IR filter

Stacks of 1000 from 2000 captured, registax6 and microsoft ICE

Enlarged 200% in PS2

moonstitchx3_zps595951f1.png

Sinus Iridum

3 pane mosaic, 150p, 3x ED barlow, DMK21 mono, 720Nm IR filter

Stacks of 1000 from 2000 captured, registax6 and microsoft ICE

Moon1_11jan14_zps642179eb.png

Copernicus

150p, 3x ED barlow, DMK21 mono, 720Nm IR filter

Stacks of 1000 from 2000 captured, registax6

Moon14-01-1121-32-37_zpse67f6d9e.png

Clavius

150p, 3x ED barlow, DMK21 mono, 720Nm IR filter

Stacks of 1000 from 2000 captured, registax6

Edited by andyboy1970

Lovely Andy :) I've got 23 gigs to process of moon and Jupiter tomorrow-whether anything is us useable is another matter! Love the big mosaic-absolutely stunning!

Very crisp images Andy :)

As a child, I was inspired seeing Sinus Iridum through my small scope and then finding out just what it was. The beautiful "Bay of Rainbows" is a 150 mile diameter impact crater, flooded with basaltic lava during the formation of Mare Imbrium which destroyed half the crater wall. The remaining wall section is called Montes Jura.

Sometimes when the terminator is nearby, the arc of the shining peaks of Montes Jura can be seen protruding from the blackness at the edge of the illuminated moon, when it is called "The Jewelled Handle".

Chinas Chang'e 3 spacecraft was due to land in the bay last December but actually landed just outside it in Mare Imbrium.

I've considered the moon as light pollution for far too long and feel it is about time I re-visited this very scenic place :)

As a child, I was inspired seeing Sinus Iridum through my small scope and then finding out just what it was. The beautiful "Bay of Rainbows" is a 150 mile diameter impact crater, flooded with basaltic lava during the formation of Mare Imbrium which destroyed half the crater wall. The remaining wall section is called Montes Jura.

Sometimes when the terminator is nearby, the arc of the shining peaks of Montes Jura can be seen protruding from the blackness at the edge of the illuminated moon, when it is called "The Jewelled Handle".

Chinas Chang'e 3 spacecraft was due to land in the bay last December but actually landed just outside it in Mare Imbrium.

I've considered the moon as light pollution for far too long and feel it is about time I re-visited this very scenic place :)

I feel the same way about the moon, but when its up it makes imaging DSO's with a One shot colour camera a chore.

My master plan is to image Planetary/moon when DSO imaging isn't worthwhile.

Luna 17 landed just outside Sinus Iridum in 1970 and lasted for nearly 1 year.

Guest devil74

Beautiful Andy...absolutely beautiful. There are some awesome pics of the moon at the minute on here. Love the detail on this in the South..really brings it to life. Just like Leighs pic it's like you can reach out and touch it.

Beautiful shots.

It was seeing that through binoculars a few years ago (and not knowing what it was) that lead me to EMS in the first place.

Alan