• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hitec V3 Hub, batteries and cables..

Guest foundaplanet

Guest foundaplanet

After many musings on what my next addition to my gear base would be I think I have decided on a sensible option. I had been thinking about various camera options but then after a trip out in the week I have realised that the one thing that is the most annoying about my set up is the chaos that cables create, thus disturbing my peace.. Therefore, I have this morning ordered the Hitecastro V3 hub on the premise that it will help maintain comfort and order to the evenings.. :D

So I have been trying to find out which cable I will need to go from the hub to the EQ6 and I can't find which one I will need..... Any offers welcomed... :)

Also please what is the recommendation of ah for the leisure batteries to run the kit.

Thank you.

Edited by foundaplanet

I have 110 ah leisure battery to run most of the kit but they

Are heavy

Depends how much kit you are running. If you have hub eq6

Dew heaters and camera etc I would recommend this size if

You want to run for 5 or 6 hours.

Sheila

Guest foundaplanet

I don't use AC with my gear

So you solely run off the battery. Is it important to have one of those intelligent chargers with a bigger battery to stop hem over cooking... I have ordered the eqdir from Flo, cheers.. :)

Guest Kheldar

So you solely run off the battery. Is it important to have one of those intelligent chargers with a bigger battery to stop hem over cooking... I have ordered the eqdir from Flo, cheers.. :)

In a word, yes :)

Great, thank you both... :)

Which 240v to12v inverters do you use please..

i do run off mains at home and use a cigarette lighter to main adapter, i think i got them from maplins.  but some folks dont like doing that

but i have had no issues with either NEQ6 from mains or the new mount i have.  In the field i use purely battery supply.

Guest foundaplanet
i do run off mains at home and use a cigarette lighter to main adapter, i think i got them from maplins.  but some folks dont like doing that

but i have had no issues with either NEQ6 from mains or the new mount i have.  In the field i use purely battery supply.

Excellent cheers :) they are only seven quid. ..