• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Another new member

TasKiNG

Hi All,

I've just bought a Celestron C8 SE.

Being a keen amateur photographer I am interested in astrophotography.

I live in Castle Donington very close to the airport ( not good for dark skies :).

I was told about this group when I visited the Long Eaton stargazing event yesterday and I got to talk to a few members who were very helpful answering my questions.

I am as interested in the construction side of the hobby as much as the viewing side so already planning a DIY wedge and star tracker to improve my images.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to EMS :)

If you're interested we're doing a Stargazing Live public event at Wymeswold on Saturday evening. You'd be very welcome to pop along and join in the fun. Nice scope btw. Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome dave to the forum,

I'm afraid I work at the airport and the light pollution isn't good is it.

I too have a 8se and love it although now it sits on a neq6 mount as I too like to image the night sky.

HI Dave, a warm welcome to EMS.

Your'e more than welcome to come over to one of the dark sites, Wymeswold or Belper next time we have a meet, and see what you can get under a dark sky.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, post in the beginners and help section and some one will be along to help.

In the meantime, enjoy the forum.

Guest CodnorPaul

Welcome to EMS Dave - great you found us, enjoy and hopefully meet you again at one of the dark site meetings so you can get away from the LP

Welcome to EMS Dave :) and great to hear you were at the school event too. Enjoy the forum and do come along to our event if you are able.

Hi dave. I work in castle donnington. I'm interested in the construction/engineering side of the hobby.

Welcome to EMS.