• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Battery and Mains powered boxes

Allan the Plumber

Cheers Allan.

Does the handle support the weight OK?

(Sorry for all the questions)

I've just embarked on a similar project.

I had a bit of a rush job for a stargazing live event in Leicester. It just consists of a battery with a couple of wires coming off it at the moment and would like to pimp it like yours.  :D

Hope you had a good night at the EMS Stargazing live event!

Cheers

Paul

I think my tool box I use for work is heavier than my battery box and that's lasted over 4 years

you could always strap it but I think the catches are fine ;)

Concerning tool box its a generic make B&Q,  Wicks, Stanley all do this case but just with their colours at the moment B&Q are cheapest £14.95

got the 19 for my Baz battery so I can run my 300v invertor to power laptop while set up in van  so im not draining main pack

What did you base your decisions on for the fuse ratings. I'm putting mine together at the moment and am wondering which are the most suitable for what gear.

Got the box  :D

£ 9.98 from B&Q. Smaller than Allan's but don't need too much peripheral equipment... that's all in the brief case/laptop/control station.

Tight fit, almost made for my battery, the terminals fit between the recesses of the spares boxes on the lid therefore it doesnt rattle about so no extra fixing required.  :)

As for fuses.. I have the laptop invertor, motor controller, autoguider and camera battery eliminator all running from power tank.. added all the ratings together and put an ammeter in line with everything running just to make sure. Pulling 7 amps so put a 10A fuse in.

Hope this helps.