• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi everyone

Guest tracyg

I live in Kirkby in Ashfield with boyfriend John, daughter Emily and Labrador Molly.

Always been interested in the night sky and have a Celestron Nexstar 127. 

I'm interested in visiting the cricket ground at Belper to see how good the skies are. 

Cheers

Tracy

Welcome tracy,

127 is an ex excellent scope especially for moon and planetary observing and webcam imaging,

Belper skies are well worth the traveling to when It's clear of course,

Enjoy the forum

Hi Tracy welcome to EMS.

I'm just down the road from you in Hucknall.

Belper is great, you can see the Milky Way with your naked eyes on a good night but it does get cold.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Hi Tracy, a warm welcome to EMS.

Belper may not be usable for a while, although it's high up on a hill, it does retain water. It's like the Somme when it's soggy.

But when it's good, it's probably one of the best spots without having to travel out to the backwoods.

Keep an eye out on the info and announcements section, meetings can be called at short notice.

We are having a SGL event at our other dark site at Wymeswold tomorrow, it's not looking promising weather wise, but you would be welcome to pop over and say hello.

If you have any questions, just post them in the beginners and help section, someone will be along to help.

Great avatar by the way, are you into frogs by any chance?

Enjoy the forum. :)