• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guest alfieboy

Guest alfieboy

Hello EMS

I would like to introduce myself to everyone, my name is Robert and live in Castle Donington and I am looking forward to spending some time on my new hobby , astrophotography and Stargazing. I recently attended the Long Eaton school ( Malcolm Parry Observatory ) event  and I was pleased to see some other EMS followers there with telescopes who were happy to talk to us. I am hoping to gain further knowledge on the forum and look forward to meeting new stargazers. I recently brought a Celestron Nexstar 127 (5inch) and was well pleased with the first few clear nights we had to use this great scope - 

thanks

Robert

Hi Robert and welcome; I'm just down the A453 in West Bridgford. My first scope as an adult was a 127mm mak-cassegrain (skywatcher one) and love it, and had many fun evenings doing visual and playing around at imaging with it too.

James

Hi Robert, glad you found us. It as a good night at Long Eaton School despite the rubbish weather.

Any questions you have, please feel free to ask away, post in the beginners and help section, some one will help out.

Keep an eye open in the announcements section for any meets at either of the dark sites, our SGL event is being held tomorrow at Wymeswold, which you are welcome to attend. Don't bring your scope though, as there is not going to be a lot of room and it looks like we will be indoors.

Enjoy the forum. :)

Guest alfieboy

hello ems -thank you for the warm welcome - condor paul and tuckstar, glad to meet and great you in the week looking forward to the wymeswold event on Saturday

robert

hi Rob,

welcome top the forum, i also work in castle donnington, that horriable light polluting airport, i keep asking them to turn the lights off but the always refuse !