• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guest Libby's

Guest Libby's

Thank you everyone. :)

I popped down to Alvaston yesterday evening. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I'm hopeful I might find the courage to go up to Brailsford for the next Derby observing session. In march Mr has got an evening putting the small ones to bed without me - if that goes better than I expect it to I shall be sneaking out to monthly meetings too! :)

Ah, you were at the DDAS Stargazing Live session then. :) They're a very good bunch.

Get as much 'hands on' experience as you can, whether that's with DDAS or EMS, as it'll help you choose/get to grips with the kit on offer. :)

Guest Libby's

I will be looking out for a chance to meet EMS and get to Wymeswold or Belper. I'm right in between both places so I never have to drive more than half an hour which is great. I'm quite lucky in the number of options I've got between derby, Ilkeston, nottingham and East Midlands - bound to be able to make at some meets semi regularly. It's not frowned upon to hop between all those places is it?,

It's not frowned upon to hop between all those places is it?,

Absolutely not. The people involved in this hobby are generally above this sort of thing, there are members here who are members of other societies and clubs.

We are all friends looking up!

Hi libby, welcome to EMS. I'm not good with meeting new peeps either, but everyone on here is really friendly and very welcoming. :-)