• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A couple of pics I snapped at sunset yesterday.

Mark Harper.

Thanks David, thanks Rob. I didn't think they were that great, I edited 16 pictures to get to these.

The second one you mentioned has 4733 views and 114 favourites and rising, I only put it on last night. It's crazy. Lol.

Very nice. They look like a professional photographer took them. But then for all i know you might be :)

Lovely images.

Jd

Lol, thanks Dawson, no I don't don't charge, so no, not taken by a professional photographer.  Have you ever looked through my flickr?

(Pro doesn't mean quality, any monkey that gets paid for a pic qualifies for the title). ;)

I saw you tonight, I don't think you recognised me though, you have some lovely pics there, almost looks like they were taken by a pro.... ;)

Edited by Mark Harper.

Oh, that's fine, I understand. You had some real nice pics there. It was a great turnout hey.

I'm not sure you'd recognise me to be honest. M. ; )

Thanks David I appreciate that. As I post this, that cloud picture has 6,168 views, it's unreal. Lol.

I'll check out the flicker thing sometime. There's not enough hours in the day :)

Yeah it was a smashing turn out, and no, I probably wouldn't recognise you, but I am useless with faces anyway, well I might recognise a face, but will struggle to put a name or a connection to it. In fact a nurse from work was at Wymeswold yesterday and stared at her for a bit, and knew I knew her, but she had to tell me where from and what she did.

JD

That's nothing for facial recognition - I showed the Lightbridge mirror to a beautiful little 6yr old long blond haired girl on Sat night and said she'd look dead pretty in it. Then her mum told me it was a boy and I nearly collapsed in on myself and blew up in a supernova with embarrassment. :lol:

What a goof!

I'll check out the flicker thing sometime. There's not enough hours in the day :)

Yeah it was a smashing turn out, and no, I probably wouldn't recognise you, but I am useless with faces anyway, well I might recognise a face, but will struggle to put a name or a connection to it. In fact a nurse from work was at Wymeswold yesterday and stared at her for a bit, and knew I knew her, but she had to tell me where from and what she did.

JD

You should set up a Flickr account if you haven't already, it's a pretty big audience. You have some great images, you should share them with the world. I look forward to seeing you on there.

Yeah I'm terrible with names too. I remember you, your a fellow photographer and Canoneer.

I don't think I'd forget a nurse. Lol.

Edited by Mark Harper.

That's nothing for facial recognition - I showed the Lightbridge mirror to a beautiful little 6yr old long blond haired girl on Sat night and said she'd look dead pretty in it. Then her mum told me it was a boy and I nearly collapsed in on myself and blew up in a supernova with embarrassment. :lol:

What a goof!

Lmao, your a legend Kim, that's one for the archive.

Did you then laugh and say:-

A) "get your hair cut this ain't the 70's"

or

B) Laugh and say "Oh course, I knew that I was just pulling your leg buddy"!!! ;)

"A) "get your hair cut this ain't the 70's""

That did occur to me but his mum and dad had exactly the same hair - long, blond, and very well groomed right down to the shoulder blade - and his dad was a lot bigger than me :lol:

I shrank like a red dwarf - and I'm sure my face was the same colour lol :lol: