• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS SGL photos (Jan 2014)

dawson

The reason Daz is in a tee shirt is because he set up right under the hall heater, and it was hot. The rest of us were cold, in fact it was warmer outside than in the pavilion. 

James, Leigh, Allan and Sheila had to have drinks shipped in.

Iam still buzzing. It's about as good as it gets when it's cloudy!

I did moan about the cold initially, but once i'd got my astro onsie on, and eight million people crammed into my room, i soon was too hot!

Next year i'm going to make a "how to do a star trail" fact sheet to hand out, or post it online and give out t address. I felt a right fraud as i've never really given much thought to star trails, they are just an add on to an observing session, but last night made me realise how pretty they can be, and how fascinated non-astro people find them, and how easy they are.

I will try and do some better ones this year.

Jd

P.s. I've not posted all of the pictures of you sheila, i'm holding some back for future [ab]use :)

P.p.s. I honestly think it was a good venue, but if we do this again we seriously need to think of other possible bigger venues, that's my opinion anyway.

Defiantly an issue with the camera, I'm not that fat! ;). :)

You, Sir, are a fine figure of two men. :D

What lens were you using last night James? Some of the photo's look a bit 'fish eyed'??

Strange perspectives?

Cheers

Ron

Merge away.

I had my wide angle lens on Ron, it's the one I use for star trails, 10-24mm.

Any objections to me using any of these pics on the facebook page? And I will nab some for my own page too if okay?

It was a good turn out.  Some good pics. I see Darren and me were recorded in almost total eclipse near an 8" magnitude dobbo. I'm behind Darren.

Ah, Derek, was it you hiding behind Daz as I photographed his "side profile"? :lol:

You cheeky #%€$¥@.

;)