• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Perseids - Last August

Johnnyaardvark

Hi All,

Decided I'd post a few of my wide field pics... (Partly to see how sharing images via the forum works) So here goes starting with a Perseid I caught last August

12022856373_63f5f8e7a7_b.jpg
Perseid Aug 2013 by sja88, on Flickr

I have a video/timelapse too of pretty much all the exposures from the evening. Captures some issues I had with dew arguably to quite nice effect... apart from one of the brightest meteors I caught on the evening being a blur!

OK, Had a fail embedding the video here from flickr so here's the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/athey_s/12023290485/

Steve

Thanks Rob,

Caught a few that evening and the year before that but many are so faint and of course we have to be lucky! Great fun trying and just watching them though the night has been great the past couple of years.

Steve

Nice. Lovely long streak.

I fell asleep in the middle of the cricket pitch at Wymeswold last year whilst it was on, and my camera only detected minor activity. There's always next time (or the time after if the moon scuppers play).

James