• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter GRS and Io & Europa

catman161

Scope:  200P  Mount: NEQ6 Pro Camera: ASI120MC Software: Sharpcap 2, AS!2, PS CS2 Barlow: TV Powermate 2x

Well I was out for a fair while last night. I managed to get 12 avis in total. Below is the first image (and from the looks of the avis probably the only one I will post!) I will add others if they are ok, if they're terrible I won't!

It's the best 70% of 3500 frames put though PIPP before the usual software listed above

. Not a good image at all but I don't like to stay out for so long and come away empty handed so I I thought I would post this one :)

12053446566_93153876d8_o.png
Jupiter 19_01_2014_22_54PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

Gorgeous and such natural looking colours; lovely banding too and seeing the GRS tops it off. You said your avi's were poor, this is far from poor you fibber :)

You are certainly getting good at the processing. I just find that part so tedious.

Great capture.

Jd

Thanks guys :) they are poor James! It has taken me probably 3 hours of messing with that one avi to get that image :) they're no way near as clear as yours must have been to make that animation. I have watched it a few times-it's great!

Its a bit darker than your usual offerings, but its not shabby at all

It was a little variable on conditions

I have a load of avi's that I cannot access :angry:

Thanks guys. You're right Steve it is darker but I felt it gave a little more cloud detail with it less bright so I dulled it a little in Photoshop. Why can't you access your Avis??

What capture software do you use ibbo? Sharpcrap did this to me two months ago. I swore i'd never use it again, now it's my bezzie again :)