• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

I Have Issues !@~#!

Allan the Plumber

Al - you also use APT right? Have a read of this one too - http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=60913

Hopefully that's the cause and resolution.

Just checked  Anti vib set to 0 also in "set up" the box for C.Fn . is ticked meaning any camera running on Digic III and above if anti vibration is set to 0s it will automatic lock up mirror !!

dam thought it might of been that

Edited by Allan the Plumber

The only think I can find similar is where the histogram has been stretched too much. See third picture down here :-

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/digital/sensor_cleaning_ii.html

So could be a setting in DSS or possibly some sort of correction / compensation setting that has got turned on in your camera options.

Try Backyard EOS 3.0  Allan, it works for me !! ;)

what do you use it for Ron processing instead of DSS or APT not sure

Looks like a light leak issue to me, have you covered the camera viewfinder, check for light leaking round the back of the primary, light into the top end of the tube.

Looks like a light leak issue to me, have you covered the camera viewfinder, check for light leaking round the back of the primary, light into the top end of the tube.

am going to try that next time looking for this cap that meant to come with the camera

Could external light from outside leak into the image through the eye piece when camera in open mode ie taking image

Instead of PST, use DSS 3.3.3 beta 47 and PS3, but it does sound like a light leak? Can you use another camera to eliminate it??

Yeah I use DSS 3.3.3 beta and PS6 and have I also tried PS2 and PS3 but its starting to look like light leakage will try covering the eye piece think it could be light coming in from house as I image

You should be able to test that by doing a dark with and without the cover that's on the strap.

can't find cap will try test will probably just remove eye shield and black tape the window so hopefully no light will get in

Allan the cap for the view finder is in the middle of the rubber shoulder pad bit on the strap.

The only thing close to this I have had with my newt was a dew build up on the secondary mirror.

Best way to solve it is to glue a ceramic resister onto the back of the mirror to keep it clear.

Edited by Graham

Allan the cap for the view finder is in the middle of the rubber shoulder pad bit on the strap.

The only thing close to this I have had with my newt was a dew build up on the secondary mirror.

Best way to solve it is to glue a ceramic resister onto the back of the mirror to keep it clear.

Thanks Graham would probably need a tutorial on how to do that unless you have the info to hand could have a go :unsure:

Thanks Graham would probably need a tutorial on how to do that unless you have the info to hand could have a go :unsure:

Martyn (Baz) is the guy you want to speak to about that. He did mine and Daz's on our 200P scopes.

am going to try that next time looking for this cap that meant to come with the camera

Could external light from outside leak into the image through the eye piece when camera in open mode ie taking image

Yes, I made a cover for mine from a piece of cardboard.

Others have tried shining a torch at the camera, focuser, etc while taking a dark to find a light leak.