• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter Watch @ Wymeswold CANCELLED

Perkil8r

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Perkil8r

• dawson

• stash

• xanthic

Guest ecopley

Xanthic,

I get that the event is cancelled but for next time, I have a 'ruckus' access point and transceiver. They pair up and behave like a network cable - but without the cable. If you want a fast network connection but no cable to trip on they'd be ideal. They are in my garage gathering dust. I will donate them if they would be useful. Let me know. I'll have to dig out the instructions but it basically comes down to plug them in and forget they are there.

Ed.

I'll bear it in mind. I've got a fair bit of kit, including a couple of Raspberry Pi's configured up to act as wireless access points (handy, as I can easily run them off my battery).

I was at a job on the north side of Leicester, so took the opportunity to check WW. Bath sponge seems to sum it up, it's well soggy. :(

That sounds fabulous Ed - thanks very much. :)

We can't actually use cables from the cricket pavilion as it's explicitly not allowed in the rental agreement. So remote scope control would be very useful - especially for public events. The techie guys in the club are the ones to talk to though (ie not me lol).  Nice gesture. :)

International Sidewalk Astronomy Night is also on March 8th, and this year in honour of John Dobson who co-founded the movement.

Jd