• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Anybody meeting this Saturday?

Guest Jamie S

Guest Jamie S

Just wondered if anybody would be meeting at any of the dark sites this coming Saturday? The weathers looking ok at present. I'm keen to try my new scope at a dark site and meet a few faces, and ask a few questions😄.

Guest CodnorPaul

Meetings get arranged based on forecasts - generally nearer the time so we don't jinx it by talking about it ;)

Forecasts can change very quickly - last night the forecast for Thursday night was OK, now it is cloudy, where I am anyway

Just wondered if anybody would be meeting at any of the dark sites this coming Saturday? The weathers looking ok at present. I'm keen to try my new scope at a dark site and meet a few faces, and ask a few questions.

considering belper on saturday but keeping eye on weather at the moment as it keeps changing :(

I'm holding out for a new back before i start lugging kit around the countryside, so i'll probably play with myself in the back garden.

Jd

Guest CodnorPaul

I'm holding out for a new back before i start lugging kit around the countryside, so i'll probably play with myself in the back garden.

Jd

If that C11 is too heavy for you James then I could always use it on your behalf...

It's the mount and battery i can't face lugging around. Running off the mains at home is so pleasant!

It's the mount and battery i can't face lugging around. Running off the mains at home is so pleasant!

liteweight :P:harhar:

Just wondered if anybody would be meeting at any of the dark sites this coming Saturday? The weathers looking ok at present. I'm keen to try my new scope at a dark site and meet a few faces, and ask a few questions.

Also Jamie, keep an eye out who is going.  I notice you were asking about eyepieces etc.  Unless the visual lot are going to

turn up, my set up would be of no use to you at all.  There are no eyepieces as i am an imager :lol:  If you look at folks

signature it shoulf tell you who is who.  If it mentions cameras DSLR or CCD then we dont have eyepieces mostly :D

Sheila

Oh for a C11 with mount and battery - that would be dead light to transport around lol

(Ignore the cameras in my signature - I never use them so I'll be observing)

Guest Jamie S

I'll keep an eye out on the weather and on hear, I'm not fussed about trying eyepieces just yet, I'm sure when I get the scope somewhere darker than my light polluted back yard it will make a big difference.

Guest CodnorPaul

I'll keep an eye out on the weather and on hear, I'm not fussed about trying eyepieces just yet, I'm sure when I get the scope somewhere darker than my light polluted back yard it will make a big difference.

A HUGE difference - I was always wondering what the deal was with M45, until I saw it at Kelling Heath - WOW!

Guest fondofchips

It seems that Stargazing & bad backs is a rather common situation.

Mind you us back sufferers generally don't want to quit lifting things as most hobbies we want to do invlove lifting!

Try doing a First Aid course spending half of your time on the floor being the casualty & the other half being the First Aider leaning over the casualty.  I did the First Aid course on Wednesday & my back hasn't recovered yet. 

So it's not just Stargazing that does it, at least for this week anyway.

Clear skies to all.

Cheers,

Harry.

Edited by fondofchips