• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Astro jealousy

dawson

Thanks for the cuppa and the advice. I think your set up is top notch and you deserve to start getting some excellent data and hours of fun from it.

James

sat in the obsy at the moment James with a nice coffee waiting for the clouds to clear so i can test my hopefully mended meade dsi out, it`s warm in here ! 

your more than welcome to come round any time matey

I'm coming over with a low loader and a crane :)

Thanks rob.

Felix, the pod is too odd looking plus i actually don't like them, and i'd like more room.

Jd

Guest fondofchips

Seen my Obsy for the first time today, some pictures here: - http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/album/2984-obsy-shed-build/

Weather permitting should be installed by next weekend 1st/2nd February.

Weather permitting = record rainfall & wall to wall cloud.

Mind you the stars are out tonight & it's raining, it was the same when I went to work at 5.00am this morning.  Not getting my scope wet.

Guest fondofchips

The obsy is being constructed by DAPA sheds in Rosliston near Swadlincote: - http://www.dapasheds.co.uk/

Contrary to what is shown on the website they do bespoke sheds they do not normally do 'ordinary' sheds.

So Peter the guy who runs DAPA sheds is only really interested in a new challenge.

He has done a wooden dome observatory previously quite big as he showed me the circular steel angle runner that was made for it as he had 2 made at the time.

We have had a summerhouse, a summerhouse style shed & a chicken hut made by them, all very good quality.

Guest AstroOlly
Seen my Obsy for the first time today, some pictures here: - http://stargazerslounge.com/gallery/album/2984-obsy-shed-build/

Weather permitting should be installed by next weekend 1st/2nd February.

Weather permitting = record rainfall & wall to wall cloud.

Mind you the stars are out tonight & it's raining, it was the same when I went to work at 5.00am this morning.  Not getting my scope wet.

Hi,

I am interested in an obsy like the one you are having made, I live only a few miles from you, just the other side of Twycross, wondered what sort of money they charged for a build like that, PM me if you don't want to talk money on here

Regards

Olly

The obsy is being constructed by DAPA sheds in Rosliston near Swadlincote: - http://www.dapasheds.co.uk/

Contrary to what is shown on the website they do bespoke sheds they do not normally do 'ordinary' sheds.

So Peter the guy who runs DAPA sheds is only really interested in a new challenge.

He has done a wooden dome observatory previously quite big as he showed me the circular steel angle runner that was made for it as he had 2 made at the time.

We have had a summerhouse, a summerhouse style shed & a chicken hut made by them, all very good quality.

Just checked their website out and impressed - we need a shed / summerhouse and will contact them.

Might even be an observatory once I get further into the hobby and my kit gets thrown out of the house for taking up too much room :-)

Thanks

Ade.