• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ASI120MC and Fisheye Lens

catman161

Jupiter, Caster and Pollox I see, nothing else, is my eyesight as bad as my hearing now? :(

No it's not your eues ron, not much else vivble apar from the wierd thing flying beneath jupiter across the screen

I can see it know when I go to full screen

looks a bit like a plane to me with the nav lights catching the wings

or its aliens of course :D

Also see it in full screen, looks like an aircraft but I see no lights? US do fly without lights on special ops, I know that but in the middle of the UK ??? Strange! :wacko:

Plane or satellite

What was the duration of the video footage? What was the exposure time per frame?

JD

Not a plane I left it running much longer and caught a couple of planes and the lights were very bright and obvious. I think it's a satellite...or aliens :)

@james, I'll hve a look at the settings file on my laptop tomorrow when I turn it back on.

You could work out how much arc distance it is covering per unit time. But not knowing its altitude working out its speed might be tricky.

JD

For James:

[ASI120MC Camera (ZWO Design)]
Frame Divisor=1
Resolution=640x480
Frame Rate (fps)=Maximum
Colour Space / Compression=RGB24
Pan=0
Tilt=0
Exposure (s)=2.231623
Brightness=0
Gamma=50
WhiteBalance=5000
Gain=95

Guest foundaplanet

Maybe it was Hung il Gong on the way back from his quick trip to the Sun, it looks red and in the time it took him he'd still be cooling down.. ;)