• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sort of first light with the 8 inch RC

fwm891

RCDSLRFXDXsml_zpsf8e1639a.png

I managed to get the dual mounting set-up balanced and cables to the cameras yesterday so when it cleared briefly last night I grabbed a few subs of (part) ngc2237 or Rosette neb.

Did it mainly to see what the image quality was like in the corners of a full frame chip (small amount of coma) and added a crop to the image to simulate an APS-C size chip (Nikon DX) although the Canon would be much the same.

Looks great to me Francis. Nice one. Oh and I looked at your guitars btw-absolute things of beauty, you're a very skilled man indeed. If I win the lottery I will most certainly be commissioning you to make me one covered in mother of pearl :) An acoustic version of the PRS Dragon perhaps :)

that looks very good in the corners

was it at f9? or did you use a reducer

Steve - no reducer native f8

Looks great to me Francis. Nice one. Oh and I looked at your guitars btw-absolute things of beauty, you're a very skilled man indeed. If I win the lottery I will most certainly be commissioning you to make me one covered in mother of pearl :) An acoustic version of the PRS Dragon perhaps :)

Felix - pleasure

Francis,

Enjoyed looking at your photos....

Things of beauty Guitars and Astro - both near to my heart.

Have a small guitar collection and have worked as a guitar tech in the past for a little extra dosh.

Ade

Francis,

Enjoyed looking at your photos....

Things of beauty Guitars and Astro - both near to my heart.

Have a small guitar collection and have worked as a guitar tech in the past for a little extra dosh.

Ade

Many thanks Ade,

Many years ago I took an apprenticeship in wood-machining before changing to applied photography. Now I get the chance to do both with building guitars and the astro photog.