• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Rain!

Guest Libby's

Guest Libby's

It's raining. Hard.

I have a beautiful new telescope and it's raining. And apparently is going to rain solidly for days. I expected it of course but last night, when I still had no telescope, I lay in bed looking at the stars! Grrrr!

Ha ha! There's been a few new purchases recently Libby so I think we are all a little I blame :)

Well Libby - if you want to feel worse you should come round and see all the gear I have to look at on a rainy day - I should be suicidal by rights lol :lol:

Ahh the obligatory weeks worth of rain for new equipment.

It's Libby's first scope, Ron, you should know better!

;)

Guest Libby's

Please don't pitchfork me! :D

I can only apologise for the weather - I guess it was inevitable. I'm suffering with you all now though!

Very please with the telescope straight out the box and unless something dramatic happens I can't imagine I'll regret my choice. Think my Mr thought it was going to be smaller despite my warnings and having seen one before. :)

Guest beewolf

My new scope is an 8" skyliner, pretty similar to the loan scope that is moving on tomorrow. I hid the new one from the kids - they think we may start looking for one sometime!

My new scope is an 8" skyliner, pretty similar to the loan scope that is moving on tomorrow. I hid the new one from the kids - they think we may start looking for one sometime!

On a dob base or EQ mount?

I'm assuming dob base?

Edited by Daz Type-R

Nice one Gavin - smashing scope that - and slightly longer focal length than the one you've been using so you might notice a small difference on planets - Congrats!! :)

Supernova discoveries being rationed out by the weather.....

Can we have the clear skys back again Please.

I played my part: I bought a new T-ring for my DSLR and started experimenting with it. Expect bad weather around March when I buy the adaptor, so I can use my DSLR with accessories. On the other hand, I'll be in Malta (working!) so might drag the clouds and rain southwards from the East Midlands!

"What goes around comes around" - It will get better -  last said by a man on a ship called Titanic.