• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Now its snowing - hard

stash

Great first 25mm of rain now snowing like the clappers and I am not even on the Wolds Mr weather man.

Got the love UK weather

Guest Jamie S

I pencilled today for cleaning the caravan. I had the strangest looks off folk walking past as I was on the step ladders cleaning the roof in the snow 😄, had to come in for a warm as I can't feel my finger tips at present.

I pencilled today for cleaning the caravan. I had the strangest looks off folk walking past as I was on the step ladders cleaning the roof in the snow , had to come in for a warm as I can't feel my finger tips at present.

Be careful doing the roof of the caravan if using steps in this weather. Know from bitter experience what can happen. Spent 2 months sitting in the lounge as I couldn't bare to lay down after cracking a rib or two. Still have the steps with bow in frame,as I landed on this , to prove it. Mine is green already plus them blasted Wood Pigeons - guess really should be a cover.

Still good news its stop snowing - bad its raining again :(

Guest Jamie S

Be careful doing the roof of the caravan if using steps in this weather. Know from bitter experience what can happen. Spent 2 months sitting in the lounge as I couldn't bare to lay down after cracking a rib or two. Still have the steps with bow in frame,as I landed on this , to prove it. Mine is green already plus them blasted Wood Pigeons - guess really should be a cover.

Still good news its stop snowing - bad its raining again :(

Sounds like a nasty accident, thanks for the advice. I normally keep mine under a cover, but for some reason never got round to putting it on after the October half term, and it's had a nice tinge of green on the roof for a bit, so had to be done. I use one section of my extendable ladder, with a bit of pipe lagging taped on, and rest it against the side. Not completely stable but not as wobbly as my steps normally are.