• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meeting at Tbird's House 22-02-2014

tbird

Rosie and myself are holding a 'Star Party' at our house on Saturday 22nd February.

We're doing this as part of funding raising efforts to improve facilities at Badger Farm, so there will be a raffle with prizes donated by Nigel at Northern Optics.

Start time is 7pm, but anyone with telescopes are welcome to come at set up in daylight if they wish.

Refreshments will be provided  :) 

If it's cloudy, we will have to retire to the lecture hall ( ie the garage  ;) )

PM me for more details

Edited by tbird

Paul & Rosie's Star Party 22nd February 2014, 7pm on.

I've moved the venue to the football club / village hall on the main road before our house ( LN11 7SS ).

This will give us more parking and there's loads of room inside.

There's plenty of space out the back on the pitches for observing.

Everyone welcome, there's no admission charge but there will be a raffle ( prizes donated by Nigel of Northern Optics and Ron's wife Lynne ) and other fund raising in aid of East Lincs Astronomy Club's renovation of the meeting hut at Badger Farm.

PM me for further details.

Damn and blast it. I would really have liked to come to this. You and Rosie always lay on a good spread too! :thumbsup: Good luck Paul and hope the evening goes well.

Shame you can't make it, at least you've got some raffle tickets put aside.  ;) 

The football club should make a good venue, especially it it's cloudy. There's a large function room, kitchen and a separate lounge/bar area where partners can sit and moan about the astronomers  :D 

Thanks Ron, not sure on numbers but a few of Rosie's friends are coming too. 

Can anyone who is coming who hasn't already done so, let me know, either reply to this thread, PM or on Facebook.

Just need a check on numbers for the refreshments.

The football club is easy to find on the main road, B1200, in Saltfleetby, LN11 7SS

I won't be able to make it to the star party. I hope you have a good clear night. I'd like to take part in the raffle,how much per ticket and can I pay for them next time I see you?

Ive got a brand new book 1001 astro images I would like to donate to the raffle paul. Do you want me to bring the dob ?

Guest foundaplanet

Good night was that. Thank you very much to Paul and Rosie, also the others and all who helped out. What a fine idea to raise some funds.... :thumbsup:

Indeed it was a great night, thanks to Paul and Rosie. (especially for the cakes!)

At least the 30 mins of being slightly clear was a bonus after the forecast!

Did it clear when I left??

Saw Orion etc on the way home!!

Good night, thanks Paul and Rosie for all your hard work (& cakes!)

Cheers

Ron

Glad it went well and gutted I was unable to make it, all my family Birthdays are cancelled for next year! :)

Thank you to everyone who came tonight and were so generous donating raffle prizes and buying tickets.  :D 

Andy, Mark and Melissa managed to win raffle prizes left over after Tobias and his Mum had the rest  ;) 

Edited by tbird

Thank you to everyone who came tonight and were so generous donating raffle prizes and buying tickets.  :D 

Andy, Mark and Melissa managed to win raffle prizes left over after Tobias and his Mum had the rest  ;) 

:lol:

It became embarrassing after the 2nd time!!

Bonus, but it was more about giving a little for me. I have had the best couple of years in my Astronomy this last 2 years because of ELAC and the forum. Such a great bunch. Really pleased that the evening went well. Probably most gutted about missing Rosies cakes. :D  She does always lay on a good spread at these meetings. :thumbsup:

Don't get too excited about your prize Mark, the prize table had been well picked over before your number came up  ;)