• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Peachy does it again

dawson

If he is still at Selsey hope he can swim that coast is taking a battering in this weather - Brill photo though!

Man that is (as usual from Damian) breathtaking! I just did a side along comparison of my image from the same night and for a fleeting second considered giving up :D

Guest ecopley

The ones I've seen in the past have been taken in the Bahamas. It's a hard life, isn't it...

Felix, my first Jupiter took a very long time to capture and process and delivered 6kbytes (yes, as in you could have viewed it on a zx spectrum) of blurry brown. I had to laugh or I'd have cried.

I doubt I'll ever show anything like the Peach but one day I'll maybe have something that is recognisable.

C14; ASI120MM (mono); not sure about location.

That's some big Mak. Almost as big as the price...

Spent less on some cars.

Is that what it takes?

Ade

It's an SCT so faster at f/10 (i guess). Aperture helps; but as ed says, he does a lot of imaging abroad, where he gets better seeing and more clear nights. I don't imagine he gets to travel for free though, and he probably has duplicated some of his kit to leave a set of heavy stuff out there (that's what i'd do, but i hate lugging stuff around).

If you look on his website you can see his results from over the years with different scopes; i suspect he is also a master at getting the absolute most out of his data.

Jd