• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

S@N BBC4 10pm tonight

Perkil8r

Don't forget the new Sky at Night is on BBC4 tonight at 10pm. Also The Shuttle Final Mission is on before it at 9pm.

Thanks Mike. 

Looking forward to seeing the new format.

Will they still have the original theme music I wonder, or will everything get revamped?

I'd forgotten too; i've now set the thing to record it and will hopefully watch tomorrow.

I suspect it won't have changed a great deal, and i bet Patrick's favourite music will still feature in some way or another; patrick may even feature!

Jd

Had set up in planner for 2 weeks now told wife if she wants news this evening she has to watch the early evening bulletin as watching it live

I thought they didi a good job, plenty of mixed content (& Damian Peach photo's!).

Her dress sense is as quirky as as SPM's!

OK by me! 

Damn, I forgot all about it :( .

If anyone has a link where I can watch it again please post it, cheers.

Yup - it was a very good episode - I like the new refreshed feel about it and it was informative and interesting. Hope it continues like tonight's show - I'll be well happy if it does. :)

Yeah agree think it's done by the same people as the great British bake off as some of the interdental music was the same

I had also forgot! :facepalm: but just caught up on iplayer... glad it was on so quickly this time around :)

I'd forgotten too; i've now set the thing to record it and will hopefully watch tomorrow.

I suspect it won't have changed a great deal, and i bet Patrick's favourite music will still feature in some way or another; patrick may even feature!

Jd

No sign of Patrick but the intro music remains (Hurrah!). Program was pretty slick I would say. No convinced by the dodgy music in transition.  

I'm not a fan of Maggie's staccato voice but she knows here stuff and I'm getting used to her I guess. Dr Helen Czerski feature on Jupiter's atmosphere was quite nice and good to see Pete Lawrence's feature on the night sky for the month. A bit of shame some of the original regulars were not on. Quite missed Lucy Green especially and Paul Able. Hope  they will be back as a little more than guest reporters.

Anyhow, still a great show! :)

Steve

Thanks Mike. I was out trying to collimate my blasted SCT while it was on, but its recorded, although i missed the first 10 mins of the shuttle documentary.

Apparently, Maggie has struggled with dyslexia all her life - but she does very well despite that. She put up a good show I think - it may have been an odd style, but everything she said was clear and well put over. :)

I enjoyed it, good content and I like Maggie, and I think once they get settled in they will be more relaxed.

Maggie and Chris seem to work well together, and Pete's spot is really a must on a program on Astronomy.

Here's to another 57 years!

Just watched the show. Thought Maggie did ok, although to me she seemed to play second fiddle to Chris Lintott. But he has a big presence.

I really enjoyed the programme, lots of interesting topics and its good to see all the other regulars contributing to the show.

Chris has come out of his shell in recent times in my opinion; I always used to find him very dry and unaminated, but now he seems excited by it all, which is good.

JD

I've just watched it (missed it last night). It gets a thumbs up from me. Interesting and to the point articles and a slicker presentation.