• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Disaster

catman161

My polar scope reticule has been a tiny, tiny, tiny amount out of alignment for ages now. Today I decided i would rectify this and really wish I hadn't bothered :(

I sorted the reticule but as I needed to put the mount down to about 10 degrees altitude, the alt bolt somehow slipped off the bit that it rests against to make the movements when you turn it.

The good news is I took the mount apart and the bolt was not bent and i have sorted it. The bad news is I had to remove the latitude scale and NEQ6 Pro logo to get to the bolts to rove them so I could get at the alt bolt and they did not come off in one piece :(

So anybody who knows where I can get replacements please pm me.

Posted Image

Guest Kheldar

OVL would be my first port of call ... but I think you're going to have to get some custom made

Next time use a hairdryer ;) Softens the glue

Edited by Kheldar

Ask reddwarf, rob, he was exploring i believe, finding replacements of these when he encountered his crucial mount problem.

Jd

OVL would be my first port of call ... but I think you're going to have to get some custom made

Next time use a hairdryer ;) Softens the glue

Used a hairdryer made not one ounce of difference :(

Ask reddwarf, rob, he was exploring i believe, finding replacements of these when he encountered his crucial mount problem.

Jd

Ill drop him a pm, thanks Doc ;)

I'm still trying to work up the courage to take mine off. I got the mod plate from Gunnar on SGL so I'm keen to get it fitted. But Sod's law mine will be really tough to remove. So I might be looking for some replacements. Gunnar does aluminium ones and can anodise it several colours so that might be my solution if I need it ;)

I'm still trying to work up the courage to take mine off. I got the mod plate from Gunnar on SGL so I'm keen to get it fitted. But Sod's law mine will be really tough to remove. So I might be looking for some replacements. Gunnar does aluminium ones and can anodise it several colours so that might be my solution if I need it ;)

I already asked him and he said he only makes the bushes to stop the the lat bolt slip. He said he only made the rest of the kit for his mount and wouldnt do them for sale as the time it takes him to make them is not worth the money.

Mount problems = Graham in my book

Pretty sure graham wont make plastic lat scales/NEQ6 logos :)

Not sure, the mount is put back together and working fine now. Its just the lat scale and logo required.

there is a guy over on SGL that makes lovely looking ali ones Felix, i was going to buy the latitude mod he makes which is a great mod as the bolt slips into a cup on the mod and can not slid on the lever,

i`ll try and find the posts and the guys name, think it was gunner or something like that.

there is a guy over on SGL that makes lovely looking ali ones Felix, i was going to buy the latitude mod he makes which is a great mod as the bolt slips into a cup on the mod and can not slid on the lever,

i`ll try and find the posts and the guys name, think it was gunner or something like that.

Thanks Rob yeah I'm aware of Gunnar's work having recommended him to Tom (Teslar) when he had his mount problem. The mount (fucntionally) is now ok-just got to remember not to lower the altitude so much again, unless i install one of gunnars mod plates.

might be an idea as the plates are now busted, that was the only thing putting me off doing the latitude mod was the broken plates

Went to OVL and FLO for replacement alt scale and logo and both came back to me with extremely similar price but OVL asked for a cheque or postal order and FLO do online payments so i went with FLO :)

The only thing now is do i order one of Gunnar's adapters and fit as a precaution so this doesn't happen again or do i just glue the new plates on and remember not to do it again???

the only thing that stopped me fitting gunners mod was the fact that i had to take the thing apart, if i had dismantled it i would have certainly of fitted the mod, if you fitted it you would certainly never have problems again.

what where the prices of the scale logos Felix if you don`t mind, just incase i ever do have problems with my mount again

No probs Rob for the alt scale & logo together-£9 delivered from OVL via cheque or postal order or £10 delivered via FLO payment online. FLO email you a link that takes you to a generic page where you input the value you need to pay (in this case £10) and it generates an order number and receipt for "general accessories" Very quick and simple and less hassle than ordering a cheque book-I don't even have one anymore!

wow for a tenner i wish i had taken it apart now, i couldn`t find anywhere on the intraweb that sold them so gave up