• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Dew controller not working!

RonC

My Kendrick DigiFire dew controller has stopped working, have yet to check the fuse at work (but looks OK!). Airing the obsy in a bit of sunshine and checking the kit was OK, it worked fine straight off then I switched off to add my Bob's bKnobs primary replacements and when I switched on again, nothing!! It's under guarantee so if the fuse is OK I will return it to Altair Astro asap before I need to use the MN190 again! Good job I wasn't setting up to image in the dark!!!!

Cheers

Ron

Not good news in this weather Ron.

Hope it is just the fuse, mind then you have to find why it blew in the first place ;)

It might be the dew band its self

check the resistance of the dew band .

If its zero or infinite the wire will have come off the the band.

If peel back the outer and remove the black goo you can clean off the contact and resolder.

I did a couple the other day

Steve

Managed to sorce a fuse (Ebay) eventually but no luck, so I rang Nick at Altair Astro and posted the unit back to them as it's still under warranty. No dewy night viewing for a while!!

Hi Ron Nick here I think you spoke to Ian, but we'll sort it out never fear. Assume it wasn't the fuse that went, what heater are you using and is it a Kendrick?

Best, Nick

Hi Nick, yes it's Kendrick 8" for the MN190 and a 12v fan on the OTA. Posted it Friday afternoon to you.

Thanks

Ron

Hi Ron, we'll check it out, Kendrick controllers do have a second layer of protection internally too, so check the fan for a short your end to rule it out.

Best, Nick

Hi Nick, please tell Ian I got his phone message and to thank him very much! :)

I'm glad the issue wasn't a problem with the controller - just the plug contact arm. :D

Edited by Ron Clarke

no problem Ron - all sorted then and the controller is on the way back to you. It turns out it was a slightly bent contact in the cigarette lighter plug which wasn't making good contact with the female socket in your power supply unit.

Best, Nick

Dew controller arrived and tested, thanks very much to the guys at Altair Astro for a quick fix and return  :D  :D