• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Looking possible for this evening

Allan the Plumber

Been watching weather looks like maybe clear here in Beeston tonight from approx. 7pm onwards well once showers have passed

Hmm Ive seen the weather sites and its loking promising, hoping to get my observatory mount set up and running again and try out my off axis guider. Dare i set up in anticipation? Or will that jinx it?

Well the clouds rolled away at 15:30 this afternoon to reveal a clear blue sky. :frantic::2thumbsup::strut:

It is now 16:47 and the clouds are starting to build again. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

But I live in hope <_<

Does look promising although given how warm today has been I'm unsure how good the as colder usually is better seeing will be, only time will tell.

Saying that with it being clear the temps are dropping :)

all set up need to wait for the neighbours to go to bed bit darker and i'm away

Can't set up as the garden is like a world war 1 trench and the hard standing area I normally set up on is dug up for new fence posts as a result of the high winds we had recently :(

Guest CodnorPaul

Stunning detail on Jupiters belts - loads of turbulence behind GRS visible, and saw SN in M82 I believe so happy. Had to pack up though - up early

Dont blame you - need an all-nighter up Belper

Well I'm all set up so name the day, :D  

Battery box, table for lap top in van and a Skywatcher Evostar 80ED DS-Pro on order but please don't tell the wife

Guest heavensabove

Sileby was really clear last night, giving me wonderful views of Jupiter, complete with its belts, and all four of the largest moons. Not bad for a 35-year-old Opticron birding scope! What could I have seen with a 'proper' scope?  :D

Cazz and I have just got back from holmfirth, we stayd Friday and Saturday night to have some work done on the camper van. I decided to take the 10" with me. And a good job I did! The night sky Was absolutely brilliant :-P I got a fabulous view of Jupiter. Very good detail and lovely clear cloud bands. I also had a quick look at orion, I couldn't believe the clarity and detail I saw. So happy I took the scope ;-)